Summer is finally here and with it comes farmers’ markets, festivals and lake days. In Flint & Genesee, there are plenty of ways to get the most out of the summer.
Here are five ways to make this summer memorable:
- Attend a Summer Festival: Flint & Genesee is booked with fun things to do during the summer. Some great festivals to mark on your calendar include the Flint Alley Fest, Fenton Freedom Festival, Montrose Blueberry Festival and Linden Summer Happenings.
- Spend Time at the Lake: With plenty of lakes in the area, there is always someplace to enjoy the water. Great beaches in Flint & Genesee include Bluebell Beach, Lake Callis and Buttercup Beach.
- Go to the Drive-In: Genesee County is home to one of 11 drive-in theaters left in Michigan: the US-23 Digital Drive-In Theater.
- Visit the Farmers’ Market: The Flint Farmers’ Market and Davison Farmers’ Market might be open all year long, but some of the best places to find local produce and goods are only open during the summer months. The Grand Blanc Farmers’ Market and the Fenton Farmers’ Market are great places to visit.
- Catch an Outdoor Concert: Downtown Flint and surrounding cities use the warmer weather as an opportunity to showcase local talent in an outdoor setting. In Flint, tunes at noon is held Monday – Friday in Wilson Park. Other cities hosting music include Flushing, Linden and Clio.
Source: Flint & Genesee